Drug Rehab that Works
Coming to grips with drug abuse is one of the hardest things anyone can do. Making the decision to get help with your drug addiction takes a lot of mental fortitude and a willingness to commit to that decision.
Drug Rehab is a logical choice when things are difficult. Drug rehab provides a safe place to come to grips with drug and alcohol issues. Drug rehab can involve both inpatient and outpatient options.
What is an Addiction?
Addiction is an inability to stop doing something you know you should. Despite constant negative consequences, you continue to use a substance over and over. The other aspect of addiction is using far too much of a substance. Rather than recommended levels of things, people will use far too much of a substance.
Symptoms of Addiction
Technically a medical definition of addiction includes 7 potential issues. As long as someone has 3 of the criteria, the issue can be considered an addiction.
- Lack of Control - Lack of control refers to the inability to stop once something is started. When it comes to alcohol, it’s usually how one drink leads to another and then to another after that.
- Tolerance - Those with an addiction will use more and more of a dose as they become addicted. The tolerance to the drug means that they will have reduced effects and therefore more ends up being needed.
- Withdrawal - Withdrawal symptoms are some of the most common issues and proof of addiction. There’s both physical and emotional withdrawal. The physical withdrawal can feature issues like sweats, shakes and nausea. Emotional withdrawal can be just as bad as physical withdrawal. The mental toll of withdrawal can lead to many mental issues and potentially even suicide.
- Avoiding Social Situations - Addiction will often lead to people withdrawing from their social events and activities. Rather than going out to do things, those suffering from addiction will give those up to continue to expand their addiction.
- Consequences - Addiction will often get in the way of things like your job and family. One of the most difficult things is dealing with negative consequences. Damaging your relationships with those people or damaging your career is consistent with those suffering from addiction.
- Spent Time and Energy - Things become more of an addiction when you have to spend time and energy trying to alter your life to accommodate for it. If you’re constantly trying to cover up what you’re doing and spend all of your time thinking about using your substance, then you’re suffering from one of the criteria.
- Wish to Stop - There’s those who are hoping to try to cut down on their substance abuse. When people want to stop but are unable to do so, that’s a sure sign of addiction.
There are a lot of treatment options for drug abuse. However the most common one is drug rehab. Rehab allows someone to overcome a lot of the problems they are having. Drug rehab allows you those who undertake it to be safe. There is no drugs available, so they can focus on overcoming their withdrawal symptoms away from temptation.
In addition to assisting with detoxification of the body, drug rehab allows people to come to grips with their mental state as well. Through individual and group therapy, patients can do their best to identify their main causes for using. This is the best way to help avoid relapse.
The content on Healthexchange.org should not solely be used to start the using dietary supplements and vitamins, natural and herbal products, homeopathic medicine and other mentioned products prior to a consultation with a medical professional or other certified healthcare provider.