How to Choose The Best Personal Lubricant
Personal lubricants come in two different types. The first type is surgical. While these are used for medical issues and are technically a personal lubricant, they usually don’t carry that label.
When people think of personal lubricants, they think of the second type of personal lubricant.
When people think of personalized lubricants, they think of sexual lubricants. These lubricants are used during sexual activity and allow for reduced friction for vaginal, anal and other intercourse. Personal lubricants are intended to allow for more comfortable sexual intercourse. In addition to easing some discomfort, there are many lubricants that now focus on providing additional pleasure through stimulants or temperature increases. Good lubricant is a great way to make sure that your sex life continues happily unabated.
Water Based Lubricants
Water-based lubricants are the most popular of all personal lubricants. Water-based lubricants are very popular because they are water soluble. These lubricants will evaporate when exposed to air and can be absorbed into a person’s skin. This means that they do not last as long as other lubricants. They will often require reapplication. This also means that you can’t use a water-based lubricant somewhere that is in water. So no showers, pools or hot tubs for water-based lubricants.
There are also some other lubricant bases out there. Oil-based lubricants may provide additional loss of friction; however, they also tend to damage condoms. This increases the potential risk of a condom breaking and negating the protection they offer partners. The best scenario for people who wish to use oil-based lubricants is in monogamous relationships that don’t need to use condoms. This allows them to enjoy the benefits without the risk factors.Finally, there are silicone based lubricants. These have absolutely zero water in their makeup and feel very different from water-based lubricants. The danger of silicone based lubricants is using them with other silicone based products like sex toys. They can actually dissolve each other and become incredibly sticky instead of lubricated. Definitely not what people want.
There are many different lubricants out there. Some are intended for men, some for women, and some are unisex. Here are some of the best ones out there with a little information about them.
- K-Y Yours + Mine - This lube has been around for quite a while. In comes as a package with lube for both that will allow both halves of the couple to enjoy.
- Astroglide Gel - Not everyone wants their lubricants to be watery. That’s where gels come in. The name Astroglide is certainly incredibly well known throughout the industry.
- Lelo - Not every lube includes Aloe Vera, but when you want some extra moisturizing, then Lelo is the right choice. The packaging is sleek and gives an upscale look to the product.
- UberLube - Much like the ride-sharing app, uber lube makes it easier for you to move around. This is a silicone based lube and has infused vitamins as well.
- Pink Silicone - This lubricant for women is a lighter option to Uber. A little goes a long way and pink silicone is very long lasting.
The content on Healthexchange.org should not solely be used to start the using dietary supplements and vitamins, natural and herbal products, homeopathic medicine and other mentioned products prior to a consultation with a medical professional or other certified healthcare provider.