Keep Your Teeth Their Whitest With Great Dental Health
It is very important to practice good dental health because it plays a large role in your overall health and well-being. It is also important to practice positive dental habits including regular brushing, flossing, and rinsing.
You should make sure that you go to the dentist for routine dental cleanings and check-ups to ensure that your teeth and dental health are in good shape. If you have any issues with your dental alignment or the appearance of your teeth, you may want to visit your orthodontist for solutions.
If you are interested in whitening your teeth, there are many solutions available. The type of teeth whitening solution that you choose will depend on your budget, tooth sensitivity level, and personal preferences. It is important to discontinue use of teeth whitening products if you experience any tooth or gum sensitivity for a period of a few days. If you are looking for affordable dental whitening products there are many at home options including:
- Whitening strips - Whitening strips are an affordable and convenient way to whiten your teeth. Whitening strips are worn over your top and bottom teeth for a set amount of time once or twice per day. You may have to wear the strips for a period of two or three weeks to see results.
- Whitening toothpastes - Whitening toothpastes are very popular. Whitening toothpastes are a gradual and gentle surface whitener. There are many different types of whitening toothpastes to choose from including different flavors and formulas. Some whitening toothpastes are intended for specific users including people with sensitive teeth or veneers.
- Whitening gums - Whitening chewing gums are a gentle way to remove surface stains from your teeth. Whitening gums can also promote good oral health by helping to remove plaque and tartar.
Many dental clinics will offer professional whitening treatments which often take place in their clinic. These treatments may include professional-grade gels, chemical agents, and bleaches. They may also use lasers and LED lights to brighten your teeth.
Gingivitis is a type of gum disease that can cause inflammation of the gums. Gingivitis can cause your gums to be red, swollen and even bleed. It can also cause bad breath. Gingivitis is caused by the growth of bacteria on the gums. It can also be caused by plack buildup which occurs around the teeth and between the gums. Certain medications and health conditions can also cause gingivitis. If gingivitis is left untreated, it can cause periodontitis which is a more serious gum disease. If you think that you may have gingivitis you should schedule an appointment with your dentist. Your dentist will provide you with a treatment plan which may include fluoride toothpastes, regular flossing and rinsing with an antiplack mouthwash. The best way to prevent gingivitis is to practice strong and consistent oral hygiene including regular bushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash.
Practicing positive oral health habits is extremely important. These habits include flossing, brushing your teeth and rinsing with mouthwash a few times a day. It is also very important to make sure that you visit your dentist every six to eight months for a routine exam and cleaning. You will want to tell your dentist about your current health and if you are on any medications during your visit. During a routine visit to the dentist you can expect a thorough cleaning, a full dental examination, and x-rays. Your dentist is able to identify dental problems and issues, and provide you with treatment options. Your dentist will be able to identify signs of gum disease, cavities, oral cancer and more. Some people who are at risk for dental disease include smokers, diabetics, pregnant women, people with existing diseases and on certain medications. It is important to make sure that you visit your dentist for regular exams. You should also make an appointment if you notice any worrisome changes which may include pain, sensitivity, bleeding and throbbing.
A pediatric dentist is dedicated the oral health of children. Pediatric dentists specialize in the care of children’s teeth, gums, and mouth. It is important to practice positive dental habits with your child early in life. Children require professional dental care as well to ensure that their teeth are developing properly. The dentist will also be able to also be able to look for any possible issues including cavities, infections, gum disease and more. A pediatric dentist provides a wide range of dental services for children including infant oral health exams, preventative dental care, habit use (thumb sucking, pacifier use), diagnosis and management of oral and gum conditions, care of injuries and early assessment for orthodontics. Your dentist or pediatrician should be able to help you find a pediatric dentist in your area.
An orthodontist is a dental specialist that aims to prevent, diagnose and treat dental irregularities. Children may be recommended to see an orthodontist if jaw and dental irregularities are beginning to form. Orthodontists can successfully treat a variety of conditions including:
- Anteroposterior deviations - Common anteroposterior deviations include underbites, overbites and more. These dental issues are best addressed early because they can cause issues with eating, speaking and more.
- Overcrowding - Orthodontists often treat overcrowding. The orthodontist will be able to realign the teeth so that they do not further disrupt the alignment of existing teeth.
- Aesthetic issues - Many people are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth. Orthodontists can help to realign and straighten the teeth.
An orthodontist will use a variety of different tools to help correct dental issues. The most common tools and treatments used include braces, headgear, facemasks, retainers and more. Orthodontist treatments may take a few months to a few years to complete.