Learn All About Naturopathy
Naturopathy can be an exciting, and alternative field to medicine, applying natural healing practices, such as herbal medicine and acupuncture, to everyday ailments. Naturopathy is a growing area of medicine with many people looking to find relief from certain health issues and to feel better physically.
This is an exciting field of medicine to be involved with, as all methods of healing are all-natural and naturopaths can work as freelance, choosing whether they want to work in a hospital/clinical setting, or from the comforts of their own home.
What is Alternative Medicine?
Alternative medicine, which includes the practices of naturopathy, is practices that are utilized to replace standard medical practices and procedures. The standard medical community does not often recognize these practices, as they are based off of natural remedies. However, these practices often leave some patients feeling more comfortable with their treatment plans. Many patients have also found relief from a variety of health issues and symptoms through alternative medicine. These treatments include:
- Dietary supplements
- Herbal concoctions
- Massage therapy
- Magnet healing
- Spiritual therapy
- Megadose vitamins
Naturopathic Physician Jobs
There are many different ways to become a naturopathic physician, including online or in the classroom. While having different practices from a conventional physician, many of the tasks of a naturopath are similar:
- Writing prescriptions
- Recording patient information
- Administering health advice
- Conducting regular health examinations
Naturopaths can also be employed in a wide range of settings, including:
- Private clinics
- Insurance companies
There are also many different occupations that a naturopath can go into:
- Public health administrator
- Wellness educator
- Working in overseas clinics
- Volunteering with low-income communities
- Natural products research scientist
Best Online Schools for Naturopathy
The most efficient way towards information as a naturopath is receiving certification online. There are a wide range of online institutions that can provide you with the expertise and certificate to become a self-employed naturopath or health care provider.
There is a wide range of topics that will be covered in your online courses, including:
- Nutrition and health for the body and mind
- Naturopathic history
- Legal guidelines for naturopathy
The following are some of the best schools for receiving studies in naturopathy:
- University of Natural Medicine- This University provides a wide range of Degree and Diploma programs, as well as independent study programs. The faculty is well equipped to aid all students in their studies, providing seminars and practical training sessions.
- National Institute of Whole Health- This online school is known for their small classes, top residencies and being extremely affordable, while still providing evidence based curriculums and promoting a whole person approach to health care.
- The School of Natural Healing- By studying for only one hour a day, students can become a qualified naturopath healer and teacher in less than two years. This school focuses on teaching herbalism from the ground up, allowing students to have the knowledge to take care of themselves and their families.
- Bauman College- This school is on the forefront of holistic healing and learning, preparing future students, leaders and thinkers with a rigorous curriculum and relevant career guidance.